Are you looking to take the leap into a new opportunity that could propel you forward in your career?
MatchBox is seeking a Linux Administrator for a permanent full time opportunity with our Kamloops based client.
Reporting to the Manager - Integration, the Linux Administrator delivers technical services for a variety of internal stakeholders within the company. This role acts as a technical expert working with Product Owners, Solution Architects, Project Managers, QA analysts, Developers as well as with third party vendors. Using a deep understanding of enterprise system solutions and the latest technical know-how, the Linux Administrator works towards enabling effective integration of various applications into a unified platform.
What's in it for you:
A defined pension plan, paid Flexible Health and Dental plan for you and your family, leadership and professional development programs, flexible working hours and more.
What you have to offer:
- 3-5 years progressively responsible experience supporting multi-tier applications in a production environment;
- Knowledge of Red Hat Linux and Linux command line, VMWare, Java, TCPIP networking
- Demonstrated experience with implementation of network and server security controls to industry best practice;
- Exposure in managing a large fleet of low power smart devices is a strong asset
- Participation in automation, scripting and Agile methodologies
- Familiar with business and process analysis and improvement;
- Experience working with Enterprise service Bus (TIBCO product) would be an strong asset
What you'll be doing:
- Support the client's production platforms at a Tier II level, escalating to vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Aid all non-production environments.
- Act as an expert in the planning, design, deployment, configuration and on-going maintenance of
new applications in all environments.
- Work closely with application stakeholders to translate business requirements into technical specifications.
- Proactively research, recommend, and apply the latest technology and industry best practices and standards.
- This role is subject to the requirement of after-hours support.
Headquartered in downtown Vancouver and serving clients nationally, MatchBox is a recruitment and solutions firm that specializes in the fields of Information Technology, Engineering & Technical, Real Estate & Construction, and Accounting & Finance.
We offer unrivaled expertise with a team that has many years of experience in the recruitment and professional services industry. Our recruitment consultants work in specific vertical markets and our passion is building great connections, creating strong opportunities, and delivering that perfect match.
For additional opportunities and relevant news feed, please VISIT us at http://www.matchboxhr.com and FOLLOW MatchBox on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/matchbox-recruitment
Intéressés seulement. Recruteurs, veuillez ne pas contacter l’annonceur à l’origine de cette offre.