Compensation: Competitive-depends on experience, plus seasonal bonuses and gratuities type d'emploi: plein temps
QR Code Link to This Post
O & R Restaurants Inc. is seeking a qualified Executive Sous Chef to help oversee kitchen operations. This position reports to the Executive Chef, GM, and AGM. Come spend a season in Whistler! Housing available for the right candidate.
The role of the Executive Sous Chef:
The successful candidate will have previous kitchen management experience, preferably in multiple outlets. This role requires a leader with a passion for food and knowledge to match, a clear, calm confident attitude during high business volumes, the ability to develop inspired menus and a genuine interest in developing a talented culinary team. Must have the ability to collaborate and execute a strategic plan with the help of the Management team, and lead the Kitchen team in all aspects.
• Coordinate the training, development, and evaluation of employees in the kitchen department through effective management and leadership to ensure that established professional and core standards are met; long-range strategic planning for the F&B operation.
• Effectively assist in planning and developing menus for multiple restaurants considering factors such as product availability, food and service cost, marketing conditions and business volume; assign prices for seasonal menus that result in net profit; participate in making decisions regarding printing, layout, posting, and distribution of menus while ensuring the correct preparation and presentation of a consistent level for all food items prepared through production and demonstration.
• Control labor and operating expenses through effective planning, budgeting, purchasing decisions, policy making, and inventory control while focusing on creative cost control and revenue-generating solutions to maximize profit in all food-related departments.
• Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by O&R Restaurants Inc., local, and federal regulations are in compliance as well as the cleanliness and organization of the kitchen.
• Regulate control systems which will assure quality and portion consistency and the ability to create proper purchasing specifications as well as monitor and review operating criteria and develop an awareness of the importance of food preparation and quality.
• Consistently lead by example while cooking on the kitchen line, and supporting the team around you.
• Previous leadership experience in the culinary field required
• Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
• Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications an asset
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Constant standing and walking throughout shift
• Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30lbs
• Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
• Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. O&R Restaurants Inc. is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, we will not consider your job application.
• Full time, with competitive salary/ hourly negotiable depending on experience
• Seasonal bonuses
• Accommodation negotiable
• Other professional benefits available/negotiable
O & R Restaurants Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. O & R Restaurants Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Intéressés seulement. Recruteurs, veuillez ne pas contacter l’annonceur à l’origine de cette offre.